What Happens If A Parent Does Not Follow Custody Agreement

No matter what you do if your ex breaks child care orders, be sure to take notes of everything that has happened, including their actions and how you respond. It may be helpful to track dates and times in a calendar, electronic document or written journal. Insert in your notes the attendance records of your child`s school and your attempts to resolve the situation with your ex. This information will only help you if you need to take legal action. You have options and steps that you can take if the other parent does not follow the higher plan. As a general rule, you do not want to rush to court or call the police if the other parent does not follow a parenting plan, unless there is an emergency or immediate safety issues. If an educational mission says that you have parental leave or contact with your child, but you do not return again for this period, a judge can order: but that does not mean that you can keep the child away from them forever. If you are faced with a situation where the other parent of your children does not follow a court-issued custody order, it is possible to re-apply to the court to ensure that the custody order is followed and that the other parent is punished for the offences. Wait at least 14 calendar days after the other parent has been served before proceeding. Start with the 14-day count beginning the day after the other parent`s assination. Weekends and holidays are included during the 14 days. It is a good idea to call the Clerk of District Court, where your case of education is to verify that the other parent has submitted a response.

If one person does not respond to a movement within 14 calendar days, the other parent can usually request a default judgment. Above all, your actions should be carried out in the best interests of your child. Show this in court and they will be in your favour if you take legal action. With an experienced lawyer by your side, you can resolve your custody issues for your child. Contact Kenny Leigh Associates for more information and definitive help. The parent who does not move can then ask the court to object to the move (let`s say he does not agree). If you have tried to be reasonable with your ex and they still refuse to follow the education plan, then submission of contempt can be a solution.